Heyman retires after missing out on Women's World Cup - Goal Spot

Breaking

BANNER 728X90

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Heyman retires after missing out on Women's World Cup

ESPN's Julie Foudy breaks down Australia's chances of qualifying from Group C, which includes Italy, Brazil and Jamaica. 21-year-old Teagan Micah is the first player to make a Matildas squad while still playing at the college level. Gema Simon says the whole Matildas squad is looking forward to testing themselves at the World Cup. Matildas striker Michelle Heyman has retired from national team duty after missing out on next month's World Cup. The 30-year-old has battled a string of physical and mental health challenges and announced in an interview on Thursday she was stepping away. "I am officially retiring from the Westfield Matildas," she told Fox Sports. "I really wanted to fight for that [World Cup place] but my body isn't going to allow me to do that. My mind isn't going to allow me to do that." Women's World Cup 2019 When, where and who: All you need to know about the finals - WWC daily fixtures schedule Heyman revealed the...

from ESPN FC News
Read The Rest:espnfc...

No comments:

Post a Comment